Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hot Guys in Doublets: Jonathan Rhys Meyers

Jonathan Rhys Meyers is like the heart of this video.
He is everywhere in it.

So why did it take me so long to make a Hot Guys in Doublets about him.
(Especially since he is TRULY wearing a doublet)

Because I think Henry the Eight is disgusting and I have trouble watching The Tudors.
There I said it.

I thought he was cute in Bend It Like Beckham


I thought he was really good looking in August Rush.
But no matter how nice that sweater looks on him it's not a doublet.

This is him in a doublet

And this is him in a doublet

And this is an open doublet
Not a bad look.

But such a bad guy.
Icky, icky Henry!

So when I found out he would be doing a 10 episode series with NBC called
I thought, "Welcome Mr. Meyers to HGID!"

It happens to be one of my favorite books

Unfortunately they don't seem to be following the book.

"On Tuesday, NBC announced the 10-episode series "Dracula," starring Rhys Meyers as the count, who travels to London in the 1890s. He poses as an American entrepreneur seeking to introduce modern technology to Victorian society, but in reality he's seeking revenge on the people who ruined his life centuries before. Of course, he falls for a girl who might or might not be the reincarnation of his lost love."

So, your thoughts on JRM?
(Does anyone call him that? Because they should!)


9 comments:

  1. I think JRM is a hottie, and since I've never watched The Tudors, I can honestly say I like him. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I feel so dumb. I didn't realize the guy from "August Rush" was that guy in the video. Duh. Loved him in AR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's cute for sure, but not my favorite for the history pieces. I'd rather see him in more modern day stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The premise of the show sounds interesting. I hope it lives up to the hype!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been in to him for a long time. Glad to see someone else has found JRM - and yes I call him that. Thanks for the Dracula info. I missed that. Will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW - if you haven't seen it - check out Match Point.

      Delete
  6. Why did I have to cancel my cable? ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's really cute. I like him very much!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How intriguing that he's found so many opportunities to be photographed in a doublet. I just don't know if I can believe it. I fear I must be suspicious that photoshop was involved. Suspicious indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the sunshine butter on the toast of life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...