Friday, January 20, 2012

Hot Guys in Doublets: John Thornton



So I was told by MANY of you to watch North and South. I put it off forever because a friend of mine told me to read the book and I try to always read the book first.

Well, life was too busy for fitting in the Elizabeth Gaskell book so I went and picked up the film. I folded a lot of laundry while watching this story. Something I can't do with a book in hand.




The story was interesting.
The film was entertaining.












Poor John's heartache was palatable.



The part at the end when they FINALLY get together...EEeeehh. It was OK. (I'm sure there are people shouting at their computers right now. Sorry 'bout that.)






You can see John Thornton in the Sharp Dressed Man video. His mom is straightening his tie at 0:27 and you can see him again at 1:46.

John Thornton (aka Richard Armitage) is a handsome man. I mean look at those eyes.


and a talented actor.


Did you know that both Richard and, the last HGinD, J.J. Feild were both in Captain America. I'm starting to want to watch that film, more and more.


Richard is also going to be in The Hobbit. I will DEFINITELY be watching that film. Not just because Richard and Martin Freeman are in it but because I think that Jackson did a WONDERFUL job with The Lord of the Rings and I'm excited to see what he can do with The Hobbit. Honestly, The Hobbit isn't one of my favorite books (where as TLofTR is) but it should be a fun film.


Richard is playing Thorin Oakensheild, the leader of the dwarves. This should be interesting.


I think a segment called Hot Guys in Chainmail is worth looking into ;)

7 comments:

  1. Hot guys in chain mail? I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay? OKAY? Shelly, Shelly, Shelly. I'm speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. He is a handsome devil. And I would TOTALLY go for Hot Guys in Chainmail!

    Glad to be back to the blog world-- can't wait to see more from you and Chad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, hot men in chainmail. I'm in! I'll watch for sure. There's some awesome hot men in LotR. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of you the other day when I was watching The Count of Monte Cristo (for the 87th time--one of my favorite movies). Near the end when Jim Caviezel, aka Edmond Dantes, comes walking out in a doublet, I had a little drool moment and thought of your hot guys in doublets series. :) Just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friends and I email pictures of Richard (yes, we are all on first name terms with him) to each other when we need cheering up.

    Love the video :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THanks for the different take! and for doing the research about such a talented actor. I'll be looking for Richard in C.A. and Hobbit!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the sunshine butter on the toast of life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...