Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hot Guys in Doublets: Jason Isaacs

This is for you, Aunt Pam!

My husband's aunt probably doesn't even read this blog but it is because of her that I am very familiar with Jason Isaacs.

Probably best known for his role as Lucius Malfoy
(who may or may not be wearing a doublet underneath his robes ;)

He was certainly wearing a doublet as Hook in Peter Pan

Alright it was more of a frock coat. 
Maybe a captain's waist coat. 
And sometimes not even that.

He also played Mr. Darling in that film
(which happens to be one of my favorite films!)

He's no stranger to bad guy roles.
Anyone see the Patriot?

This still isn't a doublet though.
So I might just lose at this game.
If I'm gonna lose I'm goin' out with a bang.

So there you go.
British Jason Isaacs sporting a handlebar mustache, totin' a machine gun, in US army attire.
This is SO not a doublet.

Thanks Mr. Isaacs for playing.
You've been a good sport.
Now put on a doublet.


13 comments:

  1. Definitely one of my favorite actors. He even did the voice for Zhao, one of my favorite villains from Avatar: The Last Airbender (not to be confused with the movie). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize he did Zhao from the Avatar series. I love that. Obviously a very versatile actor doublet or no.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knew the name, knew the face. Didn't know they went together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason Isaacs is amazing. Not only was he the voices of Leland Turbo and Siddley (the plane) from CARS 2, but if you want to see him do something completely different, watching SWEET NOVEMBER with Charlize Theron and Keanu Reeves. Jason Isaacs will blow your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's wonderful in the Patriot. He does well in the "bad guy" roles, but then look at him smiling in that last picture! OMGosh - he looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, yes, how I love him! He did SO perfect as Lucius Malfoy...smooth and slimy at the same time. I forgot he was in The Patriot, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He plays the best bad guy ever. I don't think I ever seen him play anything but. Except maybe in Armageddon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Jason Isaacs. He is great in EVERYTHING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! Love Jason Isaacs work. He was also excellent in Black Hawk Down (also no doublets).

    ReplyDelete
  10. He also gives great interviews. After the last Harry Potter movie, he noted that his wig had a better agent than he did and that it was going on tour with Lady Gaga. Hilarious. He has also given interviews where he explained how he helped choose the look for Lucius Malfoy, etc. I always check his movie extras for interviews.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In love with this man. Especially in a doublet.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the sunshine butter on the toast of life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...