Monday, May 28, 2012

Look at me, I'm flashing!

Man Flashing in Trench Coat
Not this kind of flashing!


I'm not that kind of blogger!!

Randy Lindsay is doing a contest on his blog.

It's a little Flash Fiction
with
PRIZE!

It's going all week so pop on over to get the DEETS
and join in the fun.


Here is my entry:

Every December her living room looked just like a forest. For the families of Tangers, MN having one tree in your front window was for the ungodly. If you really cared about the season you had several. They were a way to express your thoughts and feelings, your devotion and festive nature. But Caroline Grey had enough of the tradition. She was mildly allergic to the sappy visitors. She was tired of the pretense of doing what others expected of her. And she usually burnt out a vacuum sucking up pine needles all of January. But if she stopped she feared that her neighbors would find out something she had hidden deep within her attic. Behind her plastic bins of Christmas tree decorations was a tattered cardboard box holding her menorah. What would the Tangers folk think if she threw out the trees and lit a few candles? 

8 comments:

  1. this sounds like a retro flash. you make us feel for her, poor woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this was good--and it reminded me how close Christmas is ;0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew! You had me worried for a minute there when I read your post title! Glad it's the other type of flashing. ;)

    You're entry is great! I think it has a retro vibe too which I love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Shelly. Loved the flashing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm back again - but this time it's to nominate you for the Stylish Blogger award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I like how you build up to the real reason she hates the pretense - and the line about burning out a vacuum sucking up pine needles was great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the burnt out vacuum . . . not that I've done that before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, I forgot to comment on the entry. Excellent. I would totally read/watch this. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the sunshine butter on the toast of life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...