Friday, June 17, 2011

Poetry By My Seven-Year-Old

Introducing a poem by my clever daughter.





To do a moo
You need a kazoo
The kazoo will moo
If you wear a tutu





My cute daughter overheard me talking on the phone about the blogfest and immediately went to work writing poems. She actually is pretty good for her age, no bias intended, and I've always found her poems funny. She wrote one about pepperoni, Mrs. Tony, Baloney and Minestrone but I can't find it. Too bad. When she finished with her collection she asked if she could post a poem on my blog and there was no way I was going to refuse her. Then she asked if she could find pictures to put on her post. I think she watches over my shoulder while I blog more than I realize.

Don't let Poetry Intimidate You
(That bully of the literary world!)
I want everyone to understand that this blogfest is for FUN! Feel free to post a poem by your child/nephew/grandchild for the blogfest. You can post a published poem (Shel Silverstein anyone?) and, though it won't be considered for the grand prize, is is a perfectly acceptable entry in the blogfest. Really, anything is an acceptable entry in the blogfest.
So sign up here:

12 comments:

  1. Very cute!! Following in her mother's footsteps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I compete with that? So cute.
    Signing up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Kids poems are the best. Your daughter has real talent. I have a 10 year old son we can set up when they are old enough to date--21!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up! And thank you for the kind words you left in my blog. Your daughter is certainly talented, wow! Her poem made me smile. So cute. :) I'm definitely joining the blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maddie!!! Best poem ever!! I hope Ellie enjoys writing too. Keep sharing your talent with us. We love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally love the poem. Her talent reminds me of Sandra Boynton, cute and whimsical. I'm working on my active verb list. I'll email it when I get finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad I could be of help with the blogfest ; P

    T.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great poem! Moom and Kazoo. Perfect form. =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are raising a very talented poet! Which is a much more satisfying thing to raise than peas or potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's completely awesome! Daughter takes after her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Great job little miss!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Late to this party, but your daughter's poem is epic. I bow before her mastery of delightful rhymes.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the sunshine butter on the toast of life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...