Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Teach & Talk T-day: Jennifer Moore


















Guest Post: Jennifer Moore is a writer who blogs great book reviews and such at The Write Stuff (HERE) She's also just a ton of fun.












Tyrannical Rule

This house isn’t a Democracy, 
or a Republic, 
or a Plutocracy.

It’s a Matriarchy, 
or more specifically, a Dictatorship, where a tyrant rules

—Oh, and that is me. That’s right. I don’t make any justification for commanding my underlings to do my bidding. Usually, I just don’t feel like doing it myself.


And, there are some tasks that I flatly refuse to perform.

Putting away laundry

Cleaning out the dishwasher

And making my bed. 
I hate it. 
I don’t want my bed made. 
I don’t care if it looks nice. 
Or makes my room look clean. 
Or if I have adorable throw-pillows to decorate it. 
What if I want to sit on it and read? Or write? 
Or what if somehow, the stars line up and I have 20 minutes of peace and quiet to (gasp) take a nap. I don’t want to curl up on a made bed. I like getting all comfy in the sheets, and blankets, and pillows.
I don’t like my bed made. 

But every morning, my subjects must make their beds before school. Or friends, or x-box.

But I don’t have to.

Because I am the supreme ruler of my house.

And I’m mean like that.




10 comments:

  1. I have trouble making my kids make their beds when I don't make my own. You have given me courage to embrace my inner-hypocrite and get the work done ;)

    Great work Jen! See you around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I never make my bed either...it just doesn't feel worth it. My kid is still in a crib, so I don't have to worry my inner hypocrite just yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have the kids make your bed!!! I love forcing kids to do my house work. It's the best perk about being a mom :) Fun guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making your bed? What's that? :)

    We only worry about that kind of stuff when we're expecting company, even though they more than likely won't see our rooms. Same rule applies to the dishes. Weird, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always impressed with those people who can figure out how to find time to wash the dishes, make their beds AND write a novel. Let's not even talk about blogs, facebook, and twitter...

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my latest manuscript, I have a genius who refuses to make his bed because he thinks it is a wast of time.

    Maybe you're a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My house has the same political organizaion. Definetly a dictatorship.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't really *make* my bed, I just drag the covers up & leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankfully, I don't have to make my own bed. Not to sound like a spoiled brat, but I have a maid to change my bedding every night. I've heard all these horror stories about how people are forced to make their own bedding.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the sunshine butter on the toast of life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...